Saturday 5 October 2013

Sixth Chemo

Yesterday I had my sixth chemo, the final session of this treatment cycle.

My bloods were fine, my haemoglobin was back up to 9.8 which is still not particularly high given that normal is around 12, but the blood transfusion did its job and kept me out of the danger zone this time.

Treatment itself went without any unexpected hitches and then Helen and I headed off to Totnes and had a lush afternoon tea!

I always stay at my friend's house the night after chemo. We had fish n chips and watched New Moon, the second of the Twilight saga. Pleased to report that said friend is well in to it now and even talked of getting up at 6am today to watch the next one. Well folks, it's now 5.51am and no sign of her yet, lol. The kids stayed over at my mum's so Dan got a nice break too. 

Later today I will be popping over to Torbay for my usual white blood cell boosting injection which I must say seems to have worked very well in preventing serious infection so fingers crossed it does so after this treatment as well.

On 18th October I am seeing my surgeon to get a date for my next op. I imagine that will take place in November as my Oncologist is keen to get the scar healed again so that I can have my radiotherapy. So disaster permitting and apart from today's flying visit for the injection, I have another two weeks before I need to be at hospital again!





No comments:

Post a Comment