Thursday 30 January 2014

Impulse Purchases

Anyone ever signed up for something and looked at what they had signed afterwards and thought "crumbs how did that happen?!".

I went to the hospital today and saw a very nice lady, a Consultant Gynaecologist. I came away having signed a consent form for a (deep breath) Robotic Laparascopic total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy.

Don't get me wrong, it's what I've wanted all along, but as I made my way to my fourth pre surgery assessment clinic in less than 12 months I did fleetingly wonder how it all came to this. They've not quite reserved me my own chair in the pre assessment waiting room yet but my acquired nonchalance meant that even when I ended up with the slightly eccentric but sweet nurse doing my bloods I didn't even mind. Good thing too as it turns out, given that once the needle was in she promptly dropped one of the tubes on the floor and had to bend down and pick it up whilst holding the needle still in my vein. She said that had never happened to her before. I'd rather she bent down than took the needle out and stuck me again though!

Anyway back to the robot. Apparently I am an ideal candidate for keyhole surgery using the robot device. Great, off we go with that then. I shall be asleep so it is not really my concern whether R2-D2 performs my op, as long as he does a reasonable job.

The date of the surgery is 4th March. I already know I am on the afternoon list so at least I will be able to have breakfast and there won't be any waiting at hospital from 7.30am until 4.30pm hell, like last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment