Sunday 4 August 2013

Blog updates ad nauseam? Excuse the pun...

This blog entry is for my brother-in-law who came to visit from London this weekend with several of his friends, all of whom were lovely chaps.

He asked me if I was going to put up another blog update. Now, I haven't had any hospital appointments today and I haven't got any planned until 16th August.

Given that my blog kind of revolves around these exciting hospital trips out, I'm not entirely sure what to write about.

Today I was awake at 7 ish when the kids got up. Mulled over the usual dilemmas and questions about life -

1. Am I drinking enough fluids?
2. Shall I bother taking the steroids today?
3. When will my skin stop smelling of chemo chemicals? This is not quite as bad as the rusty-gate-excessive-iron smell but I can still notice it.
4. Is it actually the steroids making me feel sick, or the sheer amount of fluid I am expected to force in to my body. 2 to 3 litres a day, WTF?

Dan and me pottered around and fielded kids' requests until 11.30 then I thought I'd better have a bath. Had the bath then required a lie down afterwards before actually getting dressed. 

Low level but irritating nausea ongoing throughout the above described processes.

Had a wobble about going out to the restaurant this afternoon but felt better after getting dressed. Took the kids to my mum's (thanks mum) and then proceeded to collect the outlaws and drive on to the restaurant where we met up with my brother in law and his friends.

Really glad I went as I managed to drink a pint of orange juice and lemonade plus a coffee, thus staving off the "fluid intake guilt" for a while. Also ate a massive carvery. Remember, this nausea is like a hangover, it needs to be fed.

Listened to the MIL's stories about knowing Mick Jagger in her schooldays before he was famous and how she would love to go up to him and remind him about it if she ever saw him now. Made obligatory joke about Injunctions being available for that sort of conduct.

But the best bit was discovering that one of my brother in law's visiting friends had a small part in the film Snatch. He played a pikey and he showed us all a promo picture of himself stood next to Brad Pitt! 

The other thing that happened was my dear husband telling me last night that he still loves me even though I am "faulty". I'm actually rather flattered - I always knew he was a "keeper".


No comments:

Post a Comment