Sunday 14 July 2013

Fake Hangover

Well second chemo has produced much the same as the first in terms of side effects. I would say you'll have switched off totally after 6 cycles of this sameness, but fear not as after one more cycle of FEC I move on to the "stronger" therefore scarier Taxotere for the last three cycles, which may bring with it a whole new host of unwelcome physical manifestations. So stay tuned!

For the past two days I have had what I call the fake hangover. All the symptoms of a hangover but cruelly without any of the drunken fun that usually precedes that feeling. Hungry but don't know what I want to eat; feel vaguely nauseous most of the time; fuzzy head; want to lie down but know that I can't as I have to get up, get ready and get Abbie's stuff packed as she is going on a two night holiday in her Grampy's motor home today.

Now I hate packing at the best of times, even for my own trips and holidays. So much to think about and remember, especially where kids' stuff is concerned. Think I will get the packing out of the way before I start getting ready myself.

The good thing about all this is that once the packing is done Abbie will be off on her holiday and Dan and I (well, Dan really...) can put together all her new garden toys on our recently-laid-and-just-cut-for-the-first-time turf, so, when Abbie returns on Tuesday she will have a lovely garden to play in. Then we are taking Lauren to see Abbie on her holiday - it's only in Brixham - just for the afternoon. Haven't broken this news to Abbie yet who seems to be looking forward to getting away and keeps trying to clarify that "Lauren isn't coming". Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment