Monday 1 July 2013

Infection risk stops play

My head shave and wig titivation (oh, the irony...) has been postponed until Friday as my hairdresser developed a sore throat and given that I am now within the peak infection risk period and supposed to be avoiding people with obvious symptoms of illness, we thought it best to leave it for today.

So I may end up experiencing proper hair loss after all between now and Friday. It is hanging on at the moment though.

A friend I have known for years has co-incidentally been going through something very similar to me recently. She is now colloquially known amongst my chums from my other walks of life (who don't know her personally) as my Cancer Friend. As you can imagine, she's thrilled to bits by that nickname.

Anyway, I digress. The point was that my Cancer Friend (Aww, Cancer Friend!) recommended I look on you tube for videos about head covering techniques. What a fantastic idea and an as yet completely untapped shopping opportunity! I'm gonna need more than one head at this rate, the number of items I've ordered.

In other news, I still do not have to go back to hospital until Thursday all being well. I have had so much time I even started doing some work today until technical problems related to remote networking arose (don't they always?) - frozen dictation screen, if you must know. This working from home lark is not as straightforward as it sounds. 

At least the iPad is working. Now where's my credit card gone, again...?



3 comments:

  1. Ha! I've been having the same problem - over the weekend I ordered a scarf, two hats, a Buff (amazing), wig stand, earrings (important to wear these with scarf), hair clips (to make wig look less wiggy), and some other things I've forgotten about which will be a surprise when they arrive.

    Kind regards,

    Cancer Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earrings! OMG I haven't ordered any new earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one word/acronym for you: ASOS. Excellent for cheap & stylish options, free delivery.

    Sorry, Jenny's bank account.

    ReplyDelete