Monday 8 July 2013

Fit

Well here I am sat in the hospital cafe waiting for my genetics appointment as I type. See Helen, I do use the iPad for something other than playing games! Lol.

Assuming that following the "Counselling" part they determine that I am mentally ready and prepared to take and receive the result of a Genetics test, I suspect that this appointment will involve a blood test. I further suspect that the person taking the blood won't be willing to access my port and will want to stab my arm instead. Gah.

Had my hair cut off on Friday - grade 0.5. Feels like a hedgehog, looks surprisingly ok. The wigs look much less 80's mullet now they've been trimmed as well.

In fact, after the hair cutting I returned to my friend's house with my short wig on. Encountered her son and one of his mates in the drive and like a typical woman driver had to get the mate to move his car so that I could get in. My friend's son later reported back to me that his mate took one look at me in my car and pronounced me "fit". Bless him, it's all fake! Nice to receive a compliment though.

I raised £302 for the Ricky Grant Unit. Thank you so much to everybody who has contributed, especially my fabulous work colleagues who contributed more than £200 of that sponsorship. I am humbled and grateful for all your generous donations.

Dan and I spent an absolutely lovely weekend in Bude courtesy of the fantastic Hebasca hotel. Check them out at www.hebasca.co.uk. Really gorgeous place which has just opened this season. Fabulous grill restaurant too, thank you Helen and Jono for shouting us a yummy dinner :)

Spent Sunday relaxing and reading the papers by the beach before heading back to collect the kids from my mum who had looked after them for us. Discovered that my mum's chap had bought them a paddling pool, in the very loose sense of the word given that it is about 8x4 feet. They'll refuse to get in Lauren's 4 ft round paddling pool at home now after trying that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment