Tuesday 25 June 2013

Infection Minefield

In theory and all being well (insert appropriate caveat here) I will not be going back to hospital until 4th July.

The nurse was happy with the appearance of my new port and said there was no need to disturb it again at this stage. Thanks to my auntie and cousin for taking me to that appointment and agreeing with me that Costa taking over the hospital cafe has produced a ridiculous state of affairs.

Well one would think that the world is now my oyster with all this time on my hands but no, as I now enter the peak time for catching a serious infection. 5 to 15 days after chemo, if you're interested. Obviously one could catch an infection at any time but it is during this period that my white blood cells are likely to be too damaged or indeed, too non existent, to fight it efficiently.

Still not back to full functioning in relation to lifting etc after my main op either and that remains a no-no following insertion of the port. I did manage to tidy up (and Dettol!) the kitchen yesterday plus cook the dinner all by myself without needing to lie down halfway through. 

I have a file waiting for me downstairs from work which inspired me to have it sent home to me to deal with as it included the prospect of a nice "discussion" about the other side's inflated legal costs. I will have Dad and Maggie here helping me today and Abbie is off to pre school this afternoon so you never know, I may even get some work done!










No comments:

Post a Comment