Friday 21 June 2013

The Clinic

So on 9th April my friend kindly drove me to the Breast Care Unit. I checked in at reception but obviously didn't listen properly when they told us how many flights of stairs to go up. Cue me and my chum sat there waiting on the middle floor waiting room on our own with no lights on (in our defence, the waiting room radio was on!) until a nurse came to fetch us and inform us that we should be on the next floor up. Waiting room FAIL.

I get called in to see the Consultant. Absolutely lovely chap. Always accompanied by what I call his "nurse bodyguard"  but who can blame him?! I am no stranger to leaning heavily on my support staff, especially where time is so precious and you have other people to see and other important work to do.

He and his trainee both have a go at examining me and he expresses the view that my lump has all the signs of a benign growth. Even so, he still sent me for a biopsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment