Wednesday 26 June 2013

Quiet Time

My sister and her hubby have let me have a key to their house whilst they are away. I have decided to go there tonight for some sort of "me time" retreat affair. Little bit worried that I might find dead rodents all around the place that their cats will have been proudly bringing in to greet them on their return home - I shall of course be packing my Dettol and anti bac wipes...

I am looking forward to this quiet time. If you live on your own and you are off work due to illness then I imagine it is possible to find yourself rattling around the house and having rather too much of that sort of time on your hands. 

Not so here. By way of example, after having my first child and moving house shortly afterwards, around three months after moving to said newly purchased house my husband happened to take the baby out for a drive one Sunday morning. Whilst they were gone I suddenly realised that this was in fact the first moment I had ever spent in my new house entirely ON MY OWN. Oh, the possibilities stretching out before me! Like a responsible wife and mother I used this time to tidy up. Wouldn't bother if I had that time again. I would have put on a DVD and had a nice lie down.

So that's exactly what I will be doing these next two days at Helen's house thank you very much :)

1 comment: