Friday 21 June 2013

Results Day - The Aftermath

I won't go in to what I felt in detail, just to confirm that in addition to the bottom falling out of my world I had the following immediate concerns:

1. The fact that I wasn't going to get to the County Court to assist Counsel after all. I e mailed him and said I was feeling unwell following my appointment. He was fine with it and had already sorted everything out anyway. 
#redundant, moi??

2. Telling family including parents and sister, friends and work that I had BC when I hadn't even mentioned the tests I was having at any point.

My friend again was a godsend. She rang work and broke the news to our manager who immediately forgave us for going AWOL and then came and met us that day to discuss everything.

She came with me to tell my mum, who then cascaded the news to my sister. My dad was on holiday so I had to wait a week to tell him. Not easy. Awful not being able to say anything reassuring either because you really just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment