Friday 21 June 2013

The Biopsy

So after leaving the Consultant's room I go downstairs to the Radiology/Biopsy area. I am taken in to a room and invited to undress my top half. I do so and put on the tie up cape they have given me. The capes are apparently one size only and I have no idea how they would provide any coverage for the larger lady, or even the average sized lady!

Anyway, I put my cape on and carry my clothes in the basket they've given me. I look and feel like Little Red Riding Hood.

After only a short wait I am taken through to the Radiographer who has a look with the ultrasound. Makes no comment whatsoever then orders a mammogram too. I go up in the lift with the nurse who on the way up looks at my date of birth and asks me my age. I tell her 33. Silence. I say "erm, why...?", assuming that she is thinking "oh how tragic, only 33 and you're gonna die". 

She explains that they don't normally do mammograms on under 35's. 

I have the mammogram, it was uncomfortable but fine really.

No comments:

Post a Comment